Thursday, November 10, 2022

KRVC - 18 Bronx Fine Arts Show Their Work - Sunday, Nov. 20th

 

505BX Banners_2.jpeg

Don't miss our annual art exhibit and sale!


Art at Amalgamated

Sunday, November 20th 1-5 pm



Featuring 18 Bronx Fine Artists


There will be a shuttle bus running every hour from KRVC,

505 West 236th Street, to Vladeck Hall and back.

Check out our artists at the links below:


Sandra Ayala - SandraAyalaPhoto.com -- Sandra Ayala is an artist, who some may say, had the “odds of life stacked against her.” She is a woman,

She is born and raised in the South Bronx, She is a first-generation Puerto Rican, She is a living artist.


Annette Back- AnnetteBackFineArt.com -- "I am attracted to textures, patterns and shapes found all around me, nature or man made. I like to use photos and text that I paint over with layers upon layers of colors, lines and shades. "


Nordia Byfield - "Though nature is my main inspiration, my colorful palette is a reflection of my Caribbean roots and my annual travels to the Caribbean."


Doris Cordero - DorisCordero.com -- Doris is a Bronx native and a resident of Riverdale for over 35 years. Her childhood years were spent both in Puerto Rico and the Bronx; a journey between two languages and two cultures. 


Valerie Deas - ValerieDeasArt.com - "My work draws on diverse artistic traditions and genres to explore depth and movement in two dimensions, often through abstract figures."


Jodi DeCrenza - @jodidecrenza  - " I love to stand in front of my blank canvas where I begin with an idea and then allow my subconscious to take over; creating a composition different than what I originally intended."


Janice DeMarino - "Drawing and painting become a simultaneous process to arrive at abstract imagery. The process of painting /drawing is a spontaneous act, for me. Some of the paintings contain other media as well." 


Alex Fernandez - @fdez.art - "My artwork explores societal issues that are influenced by our current world and infused with a reflection of my divided Dominican/American heritage. It uses allegory, sarcasm, symbolism, satire & impactful images, to compose works that critique world cultures, religions and social/political issues from the world we live in, with the intent to capture human emotion in response to these."


Liz Guarracino - @littlegunzliz - Liz is a professional photographer, artist, and screenwriter from New York.   She studied at the Art Institute of Colorado.


Daniel Hauben - DanielHauben.com - Born and raised in the Bronx, Daniel has been spent 35 years capturing the life of the Bronx on canvas and paper.


Theresa LaMarca - "I have lived in the Amalgamated Housing Cooperative for about thirty years. I worked at St. Barnabas Nursing Home as a recreational therapist where I used my artistic skills in creating vibrant programs for the residents. I studied at the School for Visual Arts."


Ira Merritt - IraMerritt.net - Ira Merritt is a Bronx resident for 71 years. As a mixed media artist Ira Merritt’s images begin with the photographic process and then evolve through assemblage, montage, collage, and drawing. 


Jordan Moss - JordanMossArt.com Photographer and mixed media artist. "Originally from Long Island, I have lived in, and loved, the Bronx since 1992."


Riverdale Art Association - RiverdaleArtAssociation.org - The Riverdale Art Association consists of artists who share their work and their love of art with each other and the community. Open to a range of skill levels, the Association provides an opportunity for aspiring and professional artists to exhibit their work together, creating a sense of community where new avenues of creativity can be explored and expressed. 


Nina Seigenfeld - @riverdale_bx_rocks Nina Seigenfeld Velazquez studied fine art with a concentration in painting at the School of Visual Arts from 1979-83. In 1983 she left SVA and co-founded New Math Gallery with fellow SVA student, Mario Fernandez. New Math was one of the premier art galleries during the 1980s East Village art movement.


Dennis Shelton - @sheltondl.artist - "Wood Assemblage, Cut and Glue Collage, Mixed Media and Acrylic Painting are my mediums of choice." 


Justin Shelton - Justin is currently a freshman at Lehman College.


Jose-Luis Tejeda - @jl_tejedarts - Artist and Educator /Teacher at Board of Education of New York City..!


Live Jazz Piano all day Featuring

Sarah Jane Cion 


Look forward to seeing you!


KRVCDC.ORG/EVENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment