Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Senator Gustavo Rivera on Senate Judiciary Committee's Hearing on Judge Hector LaSalle

 

GOVERNMENT HEADER

"Thank you to my colleagues on the Judiciary Committee and to Chair Hoylman-Sigal for their diligent questioning of Judge LaSalle at today's hearing as part of the Senate’s advice and consent process. I also appreciate the nominee for his willingness to answer questions on his record.


The committee voted against moving this nomination to the floor after carefully considering Judge LaSalle's testimony. I believe that we have fulfilled our chamber's constitutional obligation and evaluated the nominee based on his professional merits and his record.


It is unfortunate that this process has become so acrimonious and I implore the Governor to work collaboratively with the Senate so that we may approve the nominee she selects next. I look forward to working with her to see that happen."


No comments:

Post a Comment