Friday, April 19, 2024

STATE ASSEMBLYWOMAN JENIFER RAJKUMAR'S STATEMENT ON GOVERNOR KATHY HOCHUL'S CANNABIS ANNOUNCEMENT

 

This morning, Governor Hochul put her full support behind the provisions of my SMOKEOUT Act and committed to carrying out the closure of illegal smoke shops. After our discussions with her and her team this budget season, we came to an agreement on the importance of giving cities and municipalities across our State the power to shut down these shops on their own.     

In December, I authored the SMOKEOUT Act because I knew it was the right policy for public safety and the health of our children. I was inspired to see so many everyday New Yorkers willing to stand up and speak out for the safety of our communities. I launched “Operation: SMOKEOUT” which took us across the City and blazed a path to this victory in Albany.

The people have spoken and Albany has listened. Now, it’s time to “smoke ‘em out!”

No comments:

Post a Comment