Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Statement from Governor Kathy Hochul on Arrest of Subway Shooting Suspect

 Governor Kathy Hochul New York State Seal

"Like all New Yorkers, I am deeply grateful that the suspect in yesterday’s subway shooting has been apprehended and thankful for law enforcement and every first responder whose heroic efforts helped New York City respond to this horrific incident. I have directed all State agencies to provide every possible resource to assist in the investigation. 

"My heart is with all those who are injured, their loved ones, and the entire Sunset Park community. The epidemic of gun violence that continues to terrorize communities across this country must end. My pledge to New Yorkers is this: I will fight every day to restore public safety, get guns off our streets, and prevent these horrific acts of violence."

No comments:

Post a Comment