Sunday, December 25, 2022

NYC Public Advocate WILLIAMS' STATEMENT IN CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS

 

"Merry Christmas, New York! 


"I join the Christian community today in joyously celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, may peace be unto his name. I have always tried to learn from Christ’s model of revolution for justice, to echo his fight alongside the oppressed in the face of the oppressor. I find that his lessons still resonate these thousands of years later, inspirational and instructional as the work of agitating for transformational change continues. 


"For all of us celebrating, Christmas is a moment of gratitude and giving, of jubilation and blessings, of spirit and peace. Together with family and friends, we find warmth in spite of the weather and comfort in the traditions we share. I ask that today, we also think of and support all those unable to gather with loved ones or engage in festivities. I also ask that, amid a rise in COVID-19 and other illnesses, we make the effort to celebrate safely and protect one another. 


"Wherever and however we celebrate, I wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season to all. "


No comments:

Post a Comment