Thursday, July 6, 2023

NYC PUBLIC ADVOCATE'S STATEMENT ON THE APPOINTMENT OF NEW NYCHA CEO AND BOARD CHAIR

 

"I am glad to see the roles of NYCHA Chair and CEO filled, and to see them separated, which I hope will allow more effective focus on the monumental tasks each appointee faces. Nearly half a million New Yorkers have the city as their landlord, and as I have shown on each of my watchlists and in my 2022 report, their landlord is the worst in the city. Changing that reality will require major infusions of funding and major improvements in management, or the same patterns that have plagued NYCHA for decades will persist. 

"For the sake of New Yorkers in NYCHA complexes across the five boroughs, I wish the CEO and Chair good luck in this new era, and hope to hear more about their specific priorities and areas of focus moving forward. As always, I will work with the Authority where we can collaborate to improve conditions, and will shine a spotlight on spaces where the city is consistently failing to meet the standards that NYCHA residents deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment