Thursday, January 18, 2024

District Leader Yves Filius Withdraws Candidacy for 77th Assemblymember District.

 

“After careful reflection, I've decided to withdraw as a candidate for the vacancy in the 77th Assemblymember district. Personal reasons have led me to this choice, and though it's a challenging decision, I believe it's the right one for me at this time.

Throughout my journey in this community, my dedication has always been fueled by a profound care for our district. That commitment remains unwavering, even as I navigate a different path. I am grateful for the support and understanding from each and every one of you.

While the way I pursue what is best for my community may shift, my passion to serve this community will endure. I am committed to continuing to serve as a community leader, advocating for crucial initiatives such as securing waterfront access to the west Bronx, addressing the asthma ratio by capping the Cross Bronx Expressway, and eliminating our borough's food deserts.

I would like to extend my gratitude to Assemblywoman Latoya Joyner for her incredible work, both locally and in the halls of Albany, advocating for the needs and interests of our district.

I also appreciate the support of the Bronx Democratic Party and Chairman Bailey, fostering an environment where community leaders can step out and step up to lead our district and borough forward.

It's essential to highlight the significance of ensuring that whoever is elected to represent the 77th has a deep connection to the district. It's not just about policies; it's about a genuine love for our community. I look forward to working with them and continuing to propel our community and borough forward.”

“We extend our heartfelt thanks to Yves Filius for his invaluable service as a district leader and as an exemplary member of the Bronx Democratic Party,” said Chairman Jamaal T. Bailey. “Yves's dedication and passion have been crucial to our party's success. More broadly, his love for his district and the Bronx is palpable. Thank you, Yves, for your outstanding leadership. We look forward to witnessing your continued success."

No comments:

Post a Comment