Sunday, August 11, 2024

STATE ASSEMBLYWOMAN JENIFER RAJKUMAR'S STATEMENT ON THREE-ALARM FIRE IN WOODHAVEN THAT INJURED 3 FDNY FIREFIGHTERS

 


South Queens, NY - I have been in touch with the FDNY about the three-alarm fire yesterday morning in Woodhaven at 90-16 80th Street that injured three firefighters. I am relieved to report that two of the firefighters were discharged from Jamaica Medical Center and are at home, and the third is on the road to recovery. On behalf of the entire Woodhaven community, I extend my gratitude to these three courageous FDNY firefighters. These members of New York’s Bravest put their lives on the line every day to safeguard our neighborhood, and we are grateful for their sacrifice.

I am in touch with the FDNY which is investigating the cause of the blaze. There was reportedly heavy fire in the cockloft of the building. Cocklofts allow fires to spread more easily.  I urge passage in Albany of my Residential Structure Fire Prevention Act (A.2805/S.1615) with Senator Joseph Addabbo, which implements a $5,000 tax credit and insurance discount for any homeowner who removes a cockloft.

No comments:

Post a Comment