Sunday, July 19, 2026

State Senator Gustavo Rivera Joins Neighbors to Celebrate Citizens Bank’s Decision to Stop Financing Companies that Run ICE Detention Centers

 

GOVERNMENT HEADER

“Yesterday morning, I was proud to stand with neighbors in the De ICE Citizens Bank coalition to protest Citizens Bank for financing the companies building and operating detention centers. I stand in solidarity with those of us resisting ICE’s terrorizing and kidnapping of our community members which includes standing up to the for-profit companies complicit in their violence.


Two more innocent Americans were murdered by ICE agents this week, Lorenzo Salgado Araujo and Johan Duran Guerrero, and we grieve with their loved ones for their senseless loss.


All of us are endangered by ICE’s lawless actions and our resistance and protest is critical. That’s why just last Friday, Citizens Bank announced they would exit agreements with CoreCivic and GEO Group.


There is still more work to be done to abolish ICE and hold their enablers accountable, so I am encouraged and grateful that there are leaders in my own neighborhood leading the charge.”


NY State Senator Gustavo Rivera | rivera.nysenate.gov


No comments:

Post a Comment