Sunday, September 13, 2026

THURSDAY 09/17: Join a NYHA 101 with Senator Gustavo Rivera at Lehman College!

GOVERNMENT HEADER

 

Dear Neighbor,


Since becoming an elected official, I have worked hard in Albany to pass policies to ensure an affordable, accessible healthcare system for all New Yorkers. As Chair of the Senate Health Committee, I believe that we have a responsibility to transform our broken healthcare system that puts profits before people. Approximately a million New Yorkers are losing their healthcare coverage due to the drastic cuts to publicly subsidized health insurance by the Trump administration. It is critical that New York State enact bold solutions to combat this healthcare crisis.


We must pass the New York Health Act. As the Senate sponsor of this bill since 2017, the NY Health Act (S.3425), I’m focused on establishing a single-payer healthcare system in New York State to guarantee high-quality, comprehensive healthcare for all New Yorkers.



Do you want to learn more about how transformative the New York Health Act would be for New York? I invite you to join me at NYHA 101 in the Bronx, a community conversation about the movement for single-payer health care and the work ahead to make this bill a reality. Register to meet us at Lehman College in the Music Building at 6:30 PM here: bit.ly/3SUhW3A  


Whether you’re new to organizing around the New York Health Act or simply want to brush up on the basics, this is an opportunity to learn more, ask questions, and hear about the work happening to make healthcare more affordable and accessible.


I hope to see you there! 


Sincerely,


Gustavo Rivera

New York State Senator

33rd District, The Bronx


No comments:

Post a Comment