38,558 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
29 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"We are continuing to closely monitor the numbers across the state and working with localities to identify hotspots and dispatch resources as necessary," Governor Hochul said. "We all want to put COVID-19 behind us, but the reality is we still have more work to do — and we need to stay vigilant. The vaccine is still our greatest weapon in this fight, and those who are still unvaccinated need to understand the power they have in their hands to help New York and our nation finally beat this virus."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 109,138
- Total Positive - 3,686
- Percent Positive - 3.38%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.19%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,391 (+24)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 257
- Patients in ICU - 544 (+25)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 282 (+15)
- Total Discharges - 196,282 (+202)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 29
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 43,977The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 56,029This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 24,347,526
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 38,558
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 337,322
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 79.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 71.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 81.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 73.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 66.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 60.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 69.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 61.7%