58,682 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
34 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"New York State is taking decisive action to keep children and their parents safe with new comprehensive masking requirements, but that's not enough to put the COVID-19 pandemic behind us—we need to increase the vaccination rate," Governor Hochul said. "We're putting more energy and effort into addressing the 12- to 17-year-old population and we continue to make the vaccine available at sites across the state. Get vaccinated today and protect your friends, family and community from COVID-19."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 198,053
- Total Positive - 6,729
- Percent Positive - 3.40%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.16%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,374 (-50)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 274
- Patients in ICU - 562 (-6)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 305 (+3)
- Total Discharges - 197,070 (+293)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 34
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 44,070
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC -- 56,153
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 24,499,103
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 58,682
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 368,198
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 79.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 71.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 82.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 73.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 67.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 60.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 69.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 62.0%