Issued Guidance on Limiting Non-Essential and Non-Urgent Procedures at Certain Hospitals Experiencing Limited Capacity
159,560 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
49 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"New York State has confirmed five cases of the omicron variant. Let me be clear: this is not cause for alarm, we knew this variant was coming and we expect to see more cases," Governor Hochul said. "I want to remind all New Yorkers to use the tools they have at their disposal to keep themselves and their communities safe: get your vaccine, get your booster, and wear your mask. We will get through this."
The Governor and the Department of Health today also released written guidance on Executive Order No. 11, which enables the Department to protect access to critical health care services by limiting non-essential, non-urgent procedures at certain hospitals currently experiencing limited capacity. While this order is effective today, determinations will be issued to facilities by December 6 to apply to procedures scheduled to occur on or after December 9.
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 230,961
- Total Positive - 11,242
- Percent Positive - 4.87%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 4.85%
- Patient Hospitalization - 3,107 (+14)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 437
- Patients in ICU - 595 (+4)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 309 (-5)
- Total Discharges - 216,609 (+391)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 49
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,673
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,354
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 30,164,634
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 159,560
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 668,526
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 86.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 91.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 74.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 78.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.7%