Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Scam Alert - National Warranty Services

 

Scam Alert.

If you receive a call from 929-563-7643 or 929-563- 6305 (and who knows how many other phone numbers they have) it is form National Warranty Services and it is a scam. I sold my old car over a year ago, but got two calls today right after each other, that my cars extended warranty is up. I never had an extended warranty, and the warranty of the car I got rid of never ran out on me. 

The number 929-563-7643 was used by the first caller on me, who asked what type of car I have. I responded, you called me don't you know what type of car I have? I then heard a click.

I called 929-563-7643 National Warranty Services, and when I asked how do you know who's car warranty is up, there was a click. 

Less than five minutes later I received a call from 929-563-6305 about my cars extended warranty expiring again from National Warranty Services. This time I asked for the person's name, and the response was Mark. I then asked him since I have two cars, which warranty is up, you should know since you called me Mark. Again I heard a click. 

The New York State Attorney's General's office should look into this scam, they are the office that is suppose to protect people from scams like this. Neutral Tandem is listed as the carrier Attorney General James.


No comments:

Post a Comment