Thursday, August 19, 2021

139 Days and Counting - Did the Country Make a Mistake Opening Up on July 4th

 


Here I am back in May when Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. and I broke ground for the Bronx Hip Hop Museum. Notice the people behind us, most of whom were not wearing face masks. Did we open the country up to early, and not care about the COVID virus back on July 4th? 


If it was safe back then, why am I worrying now in the middle of August about rising COVID virus indicators? By the time I leave in 139 days who knows how high the indicators will go, as it was the holiday season where the indicators for the virus spiked last year. 


My hallmark is probably going to be, that I will be remembered as the COVID-19 Mayor, and not for all the other things I have done to make this city better.


No comments:

Post a Comment