Monday, August 2, 2021

155 Days and Counting

 


I had fun up in the Bronx last week, I played Basketball with some good youths at Belmont Park while Councilman Oswald Feliz watched us. I played Volleyball with Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr., and he plays to win. I cut a ribbon with Councilman Salamanca to a new affordable housing building. I broke ground With State Senator Jamaal Bailey and Assemblyman Dinowitz for a new science lab at Bronx Science High School. With Chancellor Porter I visited Lehman High School to watch students get vaccinated against COVID-19. My only regret is that I didn't get to participate in the Yemini_American Parade yesterday.


It's back to work at City Hall with my only worry until January 1st, is getting the public schools open in September without any problems. If only you stubborn people would get vaccinated we can stop this rise in COVID-19. It was not opening up by July 4th for the holiday. By the way we are changing our indicators today so the public won't know the real problem the city is in with the Delta variant of the virus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment