Statewide COVID-19 Hospitalizations Drop by More Than 500 in Past 24 Hours, Nearly 2,700 Over Past Week
Cases Per 100k (7-Day Average) Continue to Decline in All Regions
158 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"I am grateful for all the hard work New Yorkers have put in to bring infections down, but our fight is not over yet." Governor Hochul said. "It is important that we continue to wear our masks and get vaccinated. For the parents hesitating to get their children vaccinated, thousands of young New Yorkers across the state have already gotten their shot - it is safe, free, widely available, and the best way to protect your children and keep them in school.
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 229,992
- Total Positive - 16,519
- Percent Positive - 7.18%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 9.11%
- Patient Hospitalization - 9,335 (-519)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 1,073
- Patients in ICU - 1355 (-78)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 796 (-9)
- Total Discharges - 267,121 (+1,282)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 158
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 52,305
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 65,250
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 35,629,331
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 66,121
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 469,438
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 90.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 81.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 84.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 79.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 71.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 87.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 73.7%