Wednesday, July 26, 2023

MAYOR ADAMS APPOINTS LISA ZORNBERG AS CITY HALL CHIEF COUNSEL

 

New York City Mayor Eric Adams today announced that Lisa Zornberg, former chief of the Criminal Division at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, will serve as City Hall chief counsel. Zornberg will assume her role following the planned departure of current City Hall Chief Counsel Brendan McGuire in August.

 

In addition to serving as both Mayor Adams’ and City Hall’s counsel, Zornberg will oversee 10 agencies: the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services, the Mayor’s Advisory Committee on the Judiciary, the Mayor’s Office of Labor Relations, the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities, the Mayor’s Office of Risk Management and Compliance, the New York City Business Integrity Commission, the New York City Commission on Human Relations, the New York City Department of Records and Information Services, the Office of the Administrative Justice Coordinator, and the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings.

 

“It is my great honor to announce Lisa Zornberg as New York City’s next chief counsel,” said Mayor Adams. “She is a dedicated public servant who has taken on the corrupt and the criminal, keeping our nation and our city safe. She knows what it takes to ensure justice is served and democracy is protected, and was even once dubbed ‘the tiny tornado’ for her work. We know she will now be a force for good for our city’s residents. Without question, she is the right leader for the right time, and ready to pick up the baton where Brendan McGuire is leaving off. I want to thank Brendan for his service to this city, and for being one of my most trusted advisors and a close friend. Since day one, he has been an independent thinker and he has never shied away from telling me like it is. He is a great legal mind, and he will be missed around City Hall.”

 

“This is the greatest city in the world, and being able to serve New Yorkers as part of the Adams administration is exciting beyond words,” said incoming City Hall Chief Counsel Lisa Zornberg. “A government run with integrity and passion for solving real problems remains, in my view, the best way to lift up people and communities, and that’s what I’m here to do. I’m looking forward to putting everything I’ve learned and every skill I have to work on behalf of New Yorkers.”

 

“It has been a privilege to be a part of this team, and I’m grateful to Mayor Adams for giving me the opportunity to serve the city I love,” said outgoing City Hall Chief Counsel Brendan McGuire. “In Lisa, the city is gaining a dedicated, rigorous, and strategic leader who will hit the ground running in support of the administration and all New Yorkers. I’m confident she’ll excel as our city’s next chief counsel.”

 

“Brendan McGuire has been a dedicated counselor and advisor to the mayor and a dear friend,” said First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright. “While Brendan will be missed, I am thrilled to welcome Lisa Zornberg to the team. Her experience, passion, and commitment will serve our city well, and I’m looking forward to working with her on some of the biggest issues our city faces.”

 

 “As someone who’s practiced law for many years, I know an exceptional lawyer when I see one — and between Brendan, Judge Sylvia Hinds-Radix, and now Lisa, this administration has some of the city’s best legal minds,” said Chief of Staff Camille Joseph Varlack. “I’m excited to welcome Lisa to the team, and I’m grateful to Brendan for his dedicated service to the mayor and City Hall.”

 

“Congratulations to Lisa Zornberg on a well-deserved appointment. Lisa has a most impressive resume, which shows that she will lend her expertise and skills to our administration’s mission to ‘Get Stuff Done!’ She is a welcome addition to our team, and I look forward to working in partnership with Lisa to fulfill Mayor Adams’ agenda and move New York City forward,” said Chief Advisor to the Mayor Ingrid P. Lewis-Martin. “To my dear colleague Brendan: Words pale to express my deepest thanks for all you’ve done for this administration and, moreover, this city. Your mark is indelible! May your next chapter be your best ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment