Thursday, August 6, 2026

State Senator Gustavo Rivera on Yesterday’s Five Alarm Fire in Norwood


GOVERNMENT HEADER

“I am deeply saddened by the tragic five-alarm fire that occurred yesterday afternoon in the Norwood section of my district, which resulted in the loss of one of our neighbors, injured 14 of them and has displaced many families in our community. My thoughts are with the loved ones of the individual who died and with all those affected by this devastating incident.


I want to especially thank the brave FDNY firefighters for containing this terrible fire, especially those injured while courageously responding to this emergency. Further, I want to thank the NYPD, NYC Emergency Management, Department of Buildings, the Red Cross, and Con Edison for immediately assisting the displaced families during this difficult time.


My office will continue to monitor the situation closely and be on standby, ready to assist those affected in any way possible.

For those impacted by the fire who may need assistance please reach out to my office at 718-933-2034.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment