Wednesday, August 11, 2021

147 Days and Counting for me, and 13 For Andrew Cuomo

 


Now that current New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo will be gone in thirteen days, I have to get set to run to replace him. Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul held a press conference, and as reporters had more questions for her, she ran away from them. 


No one can match my experience in government. I wa the campaign manager for Congressman Charles Rangel in 1994, and 1997. I was then appointed by President Bill Clinton to be HUD regional director of HUD. In 1999 I was elected to School Board 15 in Brooklyn. Then I was campaign manager for Hillary Clinton later in that year. 


In 2001 I won the Democratic Primary for the 39th City Council District with just 32% of the vote in a crowded field. In 2009 I won the Democratic Primary for Public Advocate with 33% of the vote. After the results of the Run off election I won with 62% of the vote. In 2013 I ran for Mayor and won with just over 40%, so I avoided a run off election. I have been the only elected official besides Assemblyman Ron Kim who had th e guts to stand up to Andrew Cuomo. I should be given the seat of Governor of New York.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment