122,235 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
23 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"The booster is safe, free and widely available, and a critical way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as we head into the colder months," Governor Hochul said. "Both the vaccine and booster are available at pharmacies, doctor's offices, local health departments and other locations across the state - visit vaccines.gov to make an appointment. There is one simple solution to ensure New Yorkers can enjoy a safe holiday season - get vaccinated if you haven't already and get a booster shot if you have."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 201,469
- Total Positive - 7,097
- Percent Positive - 3.52%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.73%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,249 (+85)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 370
- Patients in ICU - 455 (+31)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 234 (+15)
- Total Discharges - 212,864 (+262)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 23
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,189
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 58,789
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 28,990,768
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 122,235
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 707,762
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 85.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 77.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 89.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 73.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 76.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 67.9%