29,046 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
60 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide on Dec. 24
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
“As we come home from holiday gatherings, it is as important as ever to take precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 this season,” Governor Hochul said. “Wear your mask, wash your hands, and if you haven’t yet, get vaccinated and boosted. The vaccine is the best tool we have to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe as we head into the new year. Take advantage of having it readily available and get yours today.”
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
* Numbers with an asterisk were last updated as of Dec. 24 as the HERDS system was down in observance of the holiday.
** Vaccination numbers compiled by the CDC as of Dec. 24.
*** Due to the Holiday, today's report has data from Dec. 24 and Dec. 25, where available.
- Test Results Reported – Dec. 24: 400,030/Dec. 25: 257,325***
- Total Positive – Dec. 24: 49,708/Dec. 25: 36,454***
- Percent Positive – 14.17%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 11.70%
- Patient Hospitalization – 4,891*
- Patients Newly Admitted – 839*
- Patients in ICU – 880 (-4)*
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 501 (+6)*
- Total Discharges – 226,474 (+676)*
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 60*
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 47,929*The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 60,751This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 33,105,549
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 29,046
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 732,953
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 88.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 80.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 95.0%**
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 82.6%**
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 77.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 69.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 82.9%**
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 71.3**