New COVID-19 Hospital Admissions (7-Day Average) Down 20.5% From Prior 7 days
New Cases (7-Day Average) Down 47.1% From Prior 7 Days
Cases Per 100k (7-Day Average) Declining in All Regions
185 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"Even as the rate of new cases continues to move in a promising direction we must remain vigilant against the winter surge," Governor Hochul said. "While we are prepared to deal with whatever comes our way using the tools we know are effective, it will take a concerted effort on the part of every New Yorker to beat this pandemic. Continue to encourage all your friends and loved ones to get the vaccine if they haven't already, get the booster dose, and wear a mask until we finally get through this."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 277,241
- Total Positive - 30,631
- Percent Positive - 11.05%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 13.30%
- Patient Hospitalization - 11,370 (-457)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 1,432
- Patients in ICU - 1,583 (-34)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 885 (-35)
- Total Discharges - 259,367 (1,628)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 185
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 51,373
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 63,980
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 35,247,747
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 87,854
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 535,312
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 90.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 81.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 84.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 79.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 71.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 86.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 73.3%