Thursday, January 20, 2022

State Senator Gustavo Rivera on Shooting in the Bronx, Injuring an 11-Month-Old Child

 

GOVERNMENT HEADER

"I am horrified by last night's shooting where an 11-month-old child was injured. Thankfully, she is expected to recover and she will get to celebrate her first birthday tomorrow.

I join my community in praying for her swift recovery and supporting her family as they recover from this gut wrenching experience. There is an epidemic of gun violence in this borough, particularly in some of the neighborhoods I represent.

I understand the way many of my constituents are feeling right now. Safety in our neighborhoods should be and is paramount for us all. We must find solutions both in the immediate and long term. That's why I am committed to continue working and funding cure violence organizations that work on the ground directly with youth to address the underlying issues that lead to violence in our neighborhoods. That being said, it is absolutely critical that there's accountability for these violent acts and a concerted effort to keep guns off of our streets."

No comments:

Post a Comment