94,060 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
27 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"New Yorkers are resilient and strong and they have proven that repeatedly throughout this pandemic - by wearing their masks, socially distancing, and getting their vaccine, they have helped keep their communities safe and their loved ones healthy," Governor Hochul said. "While we continue to progress, we need to remain mindful as we head into the holiday season. If you haven't already, get your vaccine today. It's the best defense we have against COVID-19 and it's safe, effective, and free."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 225,695
- Total Positive - 4,285
- Percent Positive - 1.90%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 2.08%
- Patient Hospitalization - 1,952 (-44)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 231
- Patients in ICU - 469 (+15)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 268 (+6)
- Total Discharges - 207,649 (+241)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 27
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 45,476
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 57,889
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 26,930,081
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 94,060
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 458,878
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 83.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 76.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 87.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 78.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 71.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 64.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 73.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 66.3%