54,183 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
27 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"We are continuing to closely watch the numbers in every corner of the state and are prepared to dispatch all necessary resources wherever we see a spike of new infections," Governor Hochul said. "We cannot afford to let our guard down, especially as we get deeper into the fall season and people start to spend more of their time indoors. I urge everyone to continue practicing basic safety measures, and if you still need to get your shot, that should be a priority because every day that you put it off you remain vulnerable to COVID-19."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 222,958
- Total Positive - 6,070
- Percent Positive - 2.72%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 2.76%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,336 (+16)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 313
- Patients in ICU - 555 (+3)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 326 (-5)
- Total Discharges - 199,211 (+276)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 27
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 44,340
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 56,462
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 24,900,690
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 54,183
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 337,532
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 80.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 72.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 83.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 74.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 68.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 61.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 70.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 63.0%