100,601 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
57 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
“Cases are rising due to the winter surge, but this is not March 2020 – we knew this was coming and New York is taking action to make vaccines, boosters, and testing more widely available,” Governor Hochul said. “We know what works – get vaccinated, get the booster, mask up, and exercise caution in indoor public spaces. Now is the time for all of us to do our part and help protect those more vulnerable to make sure we all get through this holiday season safely.”
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 214,165
- Total Positive - 22,258
- Percent Positive - 10.39%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 7.88%
- Patient Hospitalization - 4,328 (+308)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 632
- Patients in ICU - 799 (+30)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 470 (+19)
- Total Discharges - 223,962 (+308)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 57
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 47,671The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,624This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 32,548,719
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 100,601
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 1,092,097
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 88.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 80.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 94.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 82.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 76.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 69.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 82.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 71.1%
Where are the Omicron figures for yesterday and today. On December 19, 2021 there were 192 Statewide cases of Omicron in New York State, and 41 cases in New York City. Governor Kathy Hochul, where are the figures for yesterday and today, or is there no danger to the public?