149,125 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
63 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"We are experiencing the winter surge, and numbers are expected to rise. You can also expect to reduce your chance of severe illness from COVID-19 if you get vaccinated and if you get the booster," Governor Hochul said. "The best gift you can give yourself and your loved ones this holiday season is protection from COVID-19. Encourage your friends and family members to do their part and mask up and exercise caution when in indoor public spaces. Let's all get through this and enjoy a safe and healthy holiday season."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 324,786
- Total Positive - 38,835
- Percent Positive - 11.96%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 9.46%
- Patient Hospitalization - 4,534 (+82)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 746
- Patients in ICU - 837 (+9)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 474 (-1)
- Total Discharges - 225,180 (+631)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 63
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 47,798The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,689This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 32,842,385
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 149,125
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 870,776
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 88.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 80.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 82.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 77.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 69.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 82.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 71.2%