137,424 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
69 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19. Due to the holiday, HERDS data will not be disseminated on December 25 and the next COVID update release will be issued on Sunday, December 26.
"Thanks to vaccines and boosters, our fight against the pandemic is going better than last Christmas but we still must ensure we're taking the proper precautions to keep each other safe this holiday season," Governor Hochul said. "Get vaccinated, get the booster if you're already vaccinated, and make sure to mask up and wash your hands—especially if you're visiting elderly loved ones. Take care to protect your most vulnerable loved ones who join you around the dinner table this weekend, and let's make sure we're enjoying a healthy Christmas and happy holiday season."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 359,191
- Total Positive - 44,431
- Percent Positive - 12.37%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 10.18%
- Patient Hospitalization - 4,744 (+210)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 916
- Patients in ICU - 884 (+47)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 495 (+21)
- Total Discharges - 225,798 (+618)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 69
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 47,869The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,751This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 32,979,809
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 137,424
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 878,736
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 88.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 80.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 82.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 77.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 69.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 82.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 71.3%