144,541 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
57 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"As we confront the winter surge, it is vital to remember we have come a long way in our fight against COVID with the best defense we have - the vaccine - readily available throughout the state," Governor Hochul said. "We are actively working to bring more tests in for New Yorkers to reduce wait times as we see more people getting tested for the holidays. Get yourself vaccinated along with the booster dose, wear a mask, stay home if you feel sick, and exercise caution when in large gatherings - we have what we need to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. Let's spread joy, not COVID, this holiday season."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 271,290
- Total Positive - 28,924
- Percent Positive - 10.66%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 8.58%
- Patient Hospitalization - 4,452 (+124)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 766
- Patients in ICU - 828 (+29)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 475 (+5)
- Total Discharges - 224,549 (+587)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 57
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 47,728 The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,689This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 32,693,260
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 144,541
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 959,247
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 88.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 80.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 94.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 82.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 76.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 69.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 82.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 71.1%